Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chronicle Number 40: More Evidence of My Crazy

I return! Fresh off of the shores of adventure, I salute thee!

It's been a long journey here, and I tell you, comrades, it is not yet over. There are still tests to be taken! Journeys to commence! Dances to ridiculously dance!

I've realized that I've broken the cardinal rule these last few weeks. I guess at this point it's just irrevocably shattered. What is this rule, you ask? Well, Intrepid Young Sidekick Corinne could tell you.

It is simply, Never Give Them Evidence of Your Crazy.

Too late.

The weekend before last, I was able to give a whole new group this evidence! Soon all the world will know. Now, one man's crazy is another man's awesome, so I'm hoping that I can convince enough people that I am the latter. I was in Washington DC, for a concert at the National Gallery.

Weeks of work culminated in a lovely concert with the Men in Blaque from the University of Irvine. I don't really know if it was actually worth it, but if it wasn't then I am full of unspeakable horror. So I choose to believe that it was worth it. I don't want to be full of unspeakable horror, and I personally think that if you believe something long and hard enough that eventually it just has to be true.

The time in DC was fun, even if I couldn't really see much. Honestly, I feel sort of like an old hand at this, so I wasn't tres triste about not getting to go anywhere.

We did have lots of fun, though. There might have been a certain incident in which I named an umbrella "hobo slayer" declared myself "Hobo slaying sheriff" and recruited Amy, Sam and Laura as my hobo slaying deputies. But that's neither here nor there.

Of course, according to Murphy's Law, I couldn't get out of this completely unscathed.

FRIDAY: Today, Lindsay sings like an angel! There are no problems, it is quite lovely.
SATURDAY: Whose lovely voice is that? Oh, Lindsay's? She's awesome, you know.

On Sunday, however, I began to have a niggling sensation in the back of my throat.

LINDSAY: NOOOOOO!

Luckily my voice didn't completely give out until after the concert. It wasn't at its best, which was slightly depressing.

Then I got up on Monday to take my flight home.

At 4:00AM.

With a horrible head cold.

Well, I got back to Atlanta okay, even though I couldn't seem to sleep on the plane. Had breakfast with Bri Bri, which was fun. (In her words, "YAY!!! XD :) XDXD")

The week was uneventful, blah blah blah. I went home for Easter. Boyfriend was in Chicago, kicking butt and taking names at his Model UN conference. At least that's what I like to believe. (Reference to my earlier statement of believing things until they are true.)

BOYFRIEND: Lie to them! Lie to them!
LINDSAY: Oh, hush. You did well.
BOYFRIEND: I didn't get an award. I wasn't recognized!
LINDSAY: I'm beginning to think that you have a complex.

I think that perhaps our relationship works because we're both true blue purveyors of crazy.

This relationship would work even better if Boyfriend would buy me a Cheerwine. Hint hint.

Bonus Boyfriend Comment: This prior comment represents a special dynamic we have. My reply here: "You always do this. You say you want item X, I ask if you want me to get you one, you say no. Then you repeatedly comment about how you don't have item x, but maintain that 'It's fine' if I don't get you one." Lather rinse repeat. I'm a man, tell me if you want the Cheerwine or not.

Back to the awesome:

I'm just so misunderstood. Boyfriend doesn't get that I always want a Cheerwine.

By the way, I know what you're thinking right now, Mom. "She's so mean to him."

Wow, this has really descended into madness. (Oh, look! A Cheerwine!)

Anywhoot, Easter was fun. My Grandmother is here now, so it was nice to see her. Also, I love food. I could never be anorexic, I love food way too much.

Well, I should probably wrap this up. It's getting progressively more insane, and I'm getting progressively more bored while writing it. Plus, I should pay some attention to Boyfriend, as he is leaving me AGAIN this weekend. Geez.

Whatever you do, don't forget Lindsaytopia! Live the dream, people. Live. The. Dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are quite mean to poor Alex. XD But, you're very nice to me, so it evens out!! XD XD *attack/hugs* yay. XD But yes. It's about time all of us express our true crazy. If I ever get employed, I'm sure that'll be interesting once they realize that I'm really just a giant ball of crazy that's going to roll all over their office constantly... vaguely reminiscent of Katamari all of a sudden... XD

Susan said...

In reality, we are all big balls of crazy, just some people hide it better than others. And I am an expert in such things! LOL!
PS Just tell him you want the Cheerwine.