Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chronicle Number 39: My First and Foremost Jalapeno

I know, I know. I've been away forever. Really I blame you. It's because I don't ever get any comments. Obviously I cannot continue rambling without constant validation. I have to rely on the words of others for my self esteem! Duh!

Just kidding. Really. Please Mom, I'm fine. My self worth does not rely on the feelings of others. I make good choices. I remember who I am. I am kind to people and animals. Jesus loves me and so do you.

Moving on. What has been going on in my life? I think I've been gone for three weeks, right? Well, you won't get a rendition of most things, because I really can't remember past a week before. I never do. Live in the moment, that's me.

Last week was my week of horror. Really, it was the worst set of required things I've ever had. As tests go, it wasn't too bad. It was the rehearsals and performances that really cinched it.

The Friday before last I headed back to Augusta, in order to rehearse with the Georgia Chorus on Saturday. Fun times. Mom and I headed to PF Chang's to celebrate her acceptance into Seminary. In the true spirit of churchiness, we made many comments on the hot waiter. Don't worry, Boyfriend, Hot Waiter means nothing to me. You are my only hot tamale. My one true chili pepper. My first and foremost jalapeno.

...I'm going to stop now.

Rehearsal! Twas fine.

Saturday night it was back to Athens for Lindsay, so that I could go to the Bach rehearsal on Sunday. Scheduled from 3:00 to 9:00. I had the strange urge to commit hari kari. Monday was more rehearsal, Tuesday was the concert, and I had a psychology test on Wednesday. I'm not proud, but I really did kind of throw that test out the window. I didn't study at all. I just didn't have time, and we get a drop test.

Mom came to the performance on Tuesday, so we got to hang out a little. She loved it, so even though I didn't feel so fabulous, she helped me feel better about it.

Seriously, at some points this went on:

DIRECTOR: Come on, guys! You have to look angry at this part, it's important.
LINDSAY: *too tired to really care*
DIRECTOR: Think of something that makes you mad!
LINDSAY: *thinks I HATE REHEARSAL while singing*
DIRECTOR: Much better! *Oodles of smiles*

So, are you keeping up? Great, because I have more! There was a biochemistry test on Friday, which I just won't go into. This is supposed to be a funny blog, and ranting about the injustice of my ridiculous professor's ways really won't be fun reading. Suffice it to say, it was super hard but not as bad as it could be, and I'm hoping I pull a grade that will keep me at a B. I'm not being picky, at this point.

Saturday... You guessed it! More Georgia Chorus rehearsal.

It was also the first anniversary for Boyfriend and me. *Cues Awwwws*

It was very sweet. I got back to Athens, and we went to Utage for dinner, which is a sushi place I like. He was generally the sweet and awesome Boyfriend that we know so well. I won't go to far into the details. Just picture yourself descending into a barrel of sap, and you'll have how I feel about Boyfriend.

Then we went to a ball! Yes, you read that right. Demosthenian Literary Society was hosting a ball. Alex just joined, and Susana and Jack are already members.

It was very fun. We danced like maniacs. It's something I like to do, oh, every hour or so. It's nice to dance like a maniac in a socially accepted setting. They don't take too it well when you do it in the middle of the Student Learning Center.

Sunday I had to head to Conyers, GA for another performance. Woot.

This one went alright, but I think the reverb actually worked against us in parts. I can't wait to get a recording, though. Dad came to this one with a friend, and he took me out to dinner afterward.

Geez, this is turning into a narrative. I'm sorry, it's just that this week has been really busy. I'll try to sum it up more quickly.

Yesterday was mainly spent studying. I had a Peoples, Parasites, and Plagues test today. I probably didn't study as much as I should, but oh well. I think it went pretty well. PPP really suffers from being my last exam at times. It has happened twice now. When it is the last thing in a long string of things to do, I end up burned out and unable to really concentrate on things.

So yes! Today was my last test! I'm free, FREE.

...Until I start studying on Thursday for my Biochemistry final.

Isn't my life a hoot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Life is full of hoots now. So much so that I almost wrote "fool" instead of "full" and almost just wrote "foot" instead of "fool." Go me. XD XD DOWN WITH SCHOOL. XD

Susan said...

I want to se you dance like crazy in the SLC. Remind me to tell you about standing on a chair in the school cafeteria saying "There's no place like home..."