Friday, March 25, 2011

Chronicle Number 38: Lindsay and Boyfriend Go to Miami

My dear fellow Lindsaytopians,

I know that you are all sighing. I know that you wish it was not me, but Boyfriend who is writing this chronicle. I know, because I know you. I know you like him better than me. I see it in your eyes. Just remember that your first loyalty must lie with me.

I know that I have not updated you in awhile. I know that this fills you with woe, but too bad. I have no sympathy.
The past few weeks (minus spring break) have been filled with crazy. You'd think I'd be used to that, but alas, I am not.

The two weeks before spring break were spent in test taking, as per usual. The reenactment game we played in history was not cooperating with me, so I had a million things to do for that.

It would have been fine, except it really felt like not many people were actually prepared. Also, some of our people didn't even show up. Seriously, one disappeared before the game even started, one disappeared into the ether after one session, and one missed about four of the eight game days, if I'm counting right.

This made everything really difficult. When the people don't show up, and you've only got 12 to start with, it really throws a wrench into things. It did lead to funny situations, like when our professor talked to the roommate of the guy who hadn't shown up.

LINDSAY: Yeah, Hutch Hapgood hasn't been here since the first day.
ANNOYING CLASSMATE 1: Oh, I think he dropped.
WOLF: *overhears.* I haven't got any notification about it.
AC1: I'm sure he did!
WOLF: Tell him that he should.

Now, you can't get the true tone of her voice from this transcript, but just imagine that a woman named Montgomery Wolf, whose specialization is in the history of Punk Rock, and is generally epic in every way, just told you to drop a class in the most dangerous tone possible. Yeah, it was scary.

It confuses me, I guess, because I don't understand the mindset. Why would you skip a class that has ten people? The professor is going to know! And she doesn't have to give a Withdrawal Passing if she doesn't want to.

Well, whatever. I got through it, I have an A, and Wolf seems to like me. She is really pretty epic.

Getting up to break was kind of a slog. At one point I was just done. It ended up okay, because I didn't have to study all that much for my Peoples, Parasites and Plagues class. And then it was break! Hurray!

Spring Break turned out really well. The first bit I spent cleaning, which was not so much fun. But I also had time to do other stuff, so the cleaning was not too bad.

On Thursday I set off to Miami with Boyfriend and his family! If those words make you feel nervous terror, then you're just like me. Congratulations, you've achieved state of supreme being. Or supreme crazy, whichever way you look at it.

It ended up being pretty great. Mr. and Mrs. Boyfriend are awesome. Boyfriend has a hilarious relationship with his Dad, which mainly consists of

BOYFRIEND: *Says something. Anything at all, really, it doesn't matter.*
MR. BOYFRIEND: You are completely wrong, and here is why.
BOYFRIEND: Actually, sir, YOU are completely wrong. This is why.
MR. BOYFRIEND: I have stopped listening to you, because I prefer to insult your hair.
BOYFRIEND: That's funny, because I prefer to insult your age.
MRS. BOYFRIEND and LINDSAY: *look at each other and sigh*

It was all in good fun. I was left behind sometimes, because I don't always get all the legal/political stuff.

Well, I'm off now. I know this was not that exciting, but I'm sitting at a table with a bunch of people and I'm getting distracted. I'm just so popular. :P

Don't worry though, Lindsaytopia will soon arrive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao XD XD Yeah, the Boyfriend & family conversation made me laugh :P In other news... yay for having good classes, despite the stresses they may induce... I know all about those... XD